CARS FOR SALE

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom
1/47

1958 Porsche 356A Speedster

Ivory

COLOUR

Red Leather

TRIM

50,552 Miles

MILEAGE

84544

CHASSIS NUMBER

68645

ENGINE NUMBER

POA

PRICE

  • Matching numbers throughout

  • Restored to perfection

  • Ready to be enjoyed and welcomed at major concours worldwide

  • Offered from a private Porsche collection

This Porsche 356A Speedster

Porsche 356A Speedster T2  1958 .Chassis Number 8454. Ivory with Red upholstery. Matching numbers.

One of the last Speedsters to be built the 1958 T2 represents the final iteration of this iconic sports car. Supplied new by the factory to Hoffmans, official importers to the USA, in 1958. As with so many of these cars the very early history has been lost, however it was purchased from the original owner by the famed Porsche enthusiast, collector and racer George Valerio in the early 1990’s. who carried out a full restoration to the highest standards in his own workshops Eurosport Porsche in Lincoln California. George Valerio kept the car until 2012 when he sold it to Nick Clemence of European Collectibles, the highly regarded classic Porsche specialists in Costa Mesa California. It is now for sale from a private collection in the U.K. where it has resided for the past nine years. Restored to perfection by leading marque specialists and finished in its original colour combination of Ivory with Red interior as per Certificate of Authenticity & factory Kardex.

The paint is unmarked, rich and glossy with a deep lustre that can only be achieved by painstaking attention to detail and many hundreds of hours in the paint shop. Panel gaps are even and to factory specification. Correct German square weave carpets and new black rubber mats are fitted, as has a new black Hartz folding roof as per factory original. The folding roof support bars are finished in the correct shade of beige semi gloss. All original chrome has been triple plated, decor trim and rubber seals are new. The instruments are original, fully restored and present as new.

Rudge Wheels. The Rudge Whitworth Company was responsible for inventing the centre lock wheel in 1908 and by 1913 every car on the Grand Prix grid used a Rudge splined hub. Offered by Porsche as optional equipment the Rudge three piece alloy and steel wheel was a very expensive option and as a result rarely seen and highly sought after. Correctly chrome plated and date stamped with twin eared knock on spinners a set of five (including spare)matching Rudge wheels are fitted to this Speedster.

It would be fair to say that this Speedster is as good as the day it left the factory and will be the highlight of any collection.

Included in the sale is the tool roll,Bilstein jack,spare keys and owners handbook